Sunday Whirl 01: Busting Guys Out

This is my first time to join Sunday Whirl, although I have linked to the web prompt weeks ago. It seems fun, and I know I'll be able to exercise my brain cells plus the part of my brain responsible for imagination in doing this prompt. So, here it is.




On Busting Guys Out

For several times now, 
it seems that I have to pass.

From your urgent requests,
which you all casually take to be simple.

I've stuffed each of your arrogance 
into my empty pockets,

For me, not to keep or build,
but to bury them down 
like my torn exam papers.
Giving in to your roaring desires
would scrape my dignity.
I have to cut you all out, be bold,
and watch you all jolt while I say,

"No, I wouldn't like to have dinner with you.
Or watch a movie or drink coffee, now, tomorrow, not ever."



Inspired by: The Sunday Wirl

Post Script 01: Funny how the choice of Obama's words in his presidential address is similar to mine in busting guys out. 

Post Script 02: It's not that I am that pretty to bust them out. It's just that I am committed and I want to be loyal. :)

5 dropped their thoughts:

Nanka | September 12, 2011 at 5:11 AM

Was bold and beautiful read today!! I like the assertiveness in the last two lines!! It reads 'I will take care of my own life'. Lovely

Marianne | September 13, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Wonderful use of the wordle words. Loved the last lines: "No, I wouldn't like to have dinner with you. Or watch a movie or drink coffee, now, tomorrow, not ever." Put 'em in their place quite soundly.

Anonymous | September 15, 2011 at 6:08 PM

So just stop already! I've been there before, but it's been a few years. :) Give it to them! Thanks for writing at the Whirl,
Brenda

JJ Roa Rodriguez | September 16, 2011 at 5:42 AM

yes! very good one.. I must agree with Marianne, I love the last line too...

JJRod'z

PhotoDiction | September 18, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I like the strength and bravado in the voice behind this poem. Nicely done :)

Word of the Day