Chemistry

Chemistry is a poem I created back in Mar. 30, 2003, 11:10 PM. A fellow Chemistry quizzer inspired me on this one. He and I have spent some time together out of town for the National Chemistry Quiz Bowl in Ateneo de Manila. During the regionals, I bagged the 2nd place and he got the 3rd. Unfortunately, we haven’t earned a place in the National Level. Distracted? Lol. Here it is.



Chemistry

Homeostasis is destroyed,
My chemical equilibrium unbalanced.
It’s as if catalysts loaded up together
And hasten chemical reactions in my body.

Pressure is increasing,
Volume decreasing.
Whatever gas law it is,
I can no longer recall.

All I know is that 
I am like a cell placed in brine,
Shrinking,
And could almost go on to lysis.

The air is humid,
O2 scarce.
I need to breathe.
I undergo this searing reaction
Everytime you’re in the vicinity.

White flames of CuSO4 
seems to flicker in your eyes.
How can you be so paramagnetic with me?

But I keep on wondering, if you’re a polar,
Then I hope I’d be a polar too.
Then we would mix and not be immiscible.

I think we just need the right number of atoms
Of reactants to gain a perfect product.
Can we ever belong to the same group?
Or period?

Could we not violate the Octet Rule
and stay perfectly combined for all time?
Am I an alkaseltzer 
that would sizzle in bubbles when we collide?
Or are we oil and water that can never be combined?

I don’t care.
All I know is we make chemistry together.

Read more: http://authspot.com/poetry/chemistry-5/#ixzz1Lh66cHsp

3 dropped their thoughts:

oneproudmomma | May 11, 2011 at 9:12 AM

i like your poem.so nice

Aiza | May 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Thanks, oneproudmama. I really appreciate the comment. :)

Unknown | July 16, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Congratulations! if I were the judge I'll give you the first place for that brilliant masterpiece ^_~

nice site by the way I'm a new follower feel free to drop by
http://kimyunalesca.blogspot.com/

Word of the Day