REPOST: Charity Avenue I



Charity Avenue I 

Work has been hard,
I took the day off.

Unfortunately, the boss says I'm needed.
So, off I go to work -- at brunch time.

I have to go get my laundry first,
I thought.

"Do you have change?",
the laundry lady asked.

Goodbye to the last hundred peso bill
and to some shiny silver coins.

Boarded the jeepney. 
Coins? The last exact change.

Off, I hopped and I asked the bread lady,
"I need to get some change for this." 
[Presented a 500 peso bill.]

"No can do.", she replied.
I retorted, "Alright. I'll buy a bottle of water then."

Change, at long last. 
Alas! It's nearing noon. Pft.

I was on haste when 
an old homeless lady blocked my way. 

I turned around, and talked to the bread lady again,
"One pack of bread please."

I grabbed it and gave it to the aged woman.
And I have more change, which I really don't need anymore.

I crossed the street and
boarded another jeepney.

I thought, I should have went to work earlier.
Shouldn't have hustled 'coz of the hassles.

Then, I remembered my deed,
which involved a pack of six plain buns.

...

If it weren't for the emergency at work,
If it weren't for the need to go get my laundry,

If only the laundry lady has a change,
If only I have enough change for my second fare,

If I haven't stopped to buy the bottled water,
And first of all, if it weren't for my morning slack feeling,

Then, maybe the old lady 
wouldn't have something for lunch.

With this, then maybe bad luck could hit me n times a day.
It could be the complete opposite for others.


Really. 
No mocking, whatsoever.


Shared on Poetry Pantry.
This is my official entry to the REPOST Contest of Gillboard. ;}

2 dropped their thoughts:

Anonymous | December 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM

nice..:))) movie ung charity Avenue? sorry wala kong idea, hehe! Good Luck dto sa entry mo..

Aiza | December 21, 2011 at 6:45 PM

ay hindi po mommy! :) Gawa2 ko lang yun sa mga munting acts ng kindness na nagawa ko. hehehe. Thanks, inay! :))) At salamat sa pag visit ng blog kong ito. :)

Word of the Day