Magpie Mondays {Chairs and White Dresses}


Chairs and White Dresses

I'm finally walking away,
I finally mustered up all the courage to be alone.

With my made-up dream with you all broken,
like empty chairs scattered on the green fields.

But, I'll never be afraid to look back.
Never, if it means abandoning the man that I've always loved

And will always love.
It'll still be you and me, only different.

Written for Magpie Tales

9 dropped their thoughts:

Maude Lynn | November 14, 2011 at 6:50 AM

Love it! That last line takes it to a whole other place.

Aiza | November 14, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Thanks, Mama Zen! :)

Brandee Shafer | November 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I like it. It's a real love, even if it's one-sided.

Brian Miller | November 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM

intriguing twist on the abandonment and the still being you and me just different....

Carrie Van Horn | November 14, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Such a powerful and beautiful piece of writing....i love it!!!

Tumblewords: | November 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Strong and haunting!

Cathy Feaster | November 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Love the last line!

Roy Schulze | November 15, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Lots of good connections to the picture, but a good write all on its own. And real enough to me that I hope it all worked out. My Magpie this week is Goldilocks

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry | November 19, 2011 at 9:42 AM

love the 2nd stanza, well done.

:)

Word of the Day